Mmmm cobbler. One of my favorite summer desserts. It’s fresh, light and always a crowd pleaser.
I woke up yesterday with a hankering for some homemade cobbler so I made my way to the grocery store for some fresh fruit. Originally I was going to go with the mixed berry route but when I saw the display of fresh, ripe peaches in front of me my inner wannabe-Southern-Belle spoke up and my mind was changed!
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is so easy and versatile – I bet you already have everything you need sitting in your pantry. Clean up is minimal too (major plus) so I don’t really see a reason for you not to have this sitting on your kitchen table tonight. What kind are you going to make?
- 4 medium-sized peaches
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice peaches and add to lightly greased 8x8 square baking dish
- Drizzle lemon juice over peaches
- In separate bowl, combine egg, sugar and flour with a fork until it resembles a course meal
- Sprinkle flour mixture onto peaches
- Melt butter in small dish and pour over peach and flour mixture
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes
- This recipe is very versatile - substitute berries or other fresh fruit for peaches
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream