Bust out those aprons – it’s cookie time! Between now and Christmas, I’ll be sharing 12 delicious cookie recipes for you to try. Share some with your neighbors, bring some to a cookie swap party, or keep them all for yourself. I won’t tell anyone. Promise.
Peanut butter and chocolate. Is there a better combo?
(the answer is no)
I feel like this cookie is a classic and doesn’t need much of an intro. You know what to expect and when you use this recipe from my girl Betty Crocker, you know what you are going to get.
Pro tip: make sure you roll them in granulated sugar before baking to make them extra pretty.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- about 2 TB granulated sugar for rolling
- 36 chocolate candies (or a few more if some just so happen to find their way into your mouth)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In bowl of electric mixer (or large bowl) combine sugars, butter, peanut butter and egg
- Mix on medium speed (can also use a spoon) until well combined
- Slowly stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms
- Form dough into 1 inch balls
- Roll dough balls in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Press an unwrapped chocolate candy into center of each cookie immediately after removing from oven
- Let cookies cool completely on cooling rack
- Want to jazz up your peanut butter blossoms this year? Try adding a chocolate peanut butter cup to the center instead of the plain chocolate. My cousin suggested this to me and I can't wait to try - the more chocolate and peanut butter, the better!