Bust out those aprons – it’s cookie time! Between now and Christmas, I’ll be sharing 12 delicious cookie recipes for you to try. Share some with your neighbors, bring some to a cookie swap party, or keep them all for yourself. I won’t tell anyone. Promise.
My contribution to our Thanksgiving meal this year was a big platter of cookies. I whipped up a few batches of these butter pecan cookies to add to the spread and, on the drive over, was instructed by Alex and my brother that we weren’t going to tell people how good these were so that there would be more for them. How’s that for holiday spirit? 😉
Of course, I caved as soon as someone asked me which one was best. Typical Natasha.
We never got to see which cookie was the official crowd favorite since we had to end up leaving for the hospital but, I can tell you that at least half of the butter pecan cookies were gone before the turkey was out of the oven.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place pecans on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast in oven for 5 minutes
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or in large bowl with hand-held mixer), beat the butter until smooth (approx. 1 minute)
- Add both sugars to bowl and beat until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs and vanilla on high speed
- In separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture until well combined
- Add pecans and mix an addition 5-10 seconds until incorporated
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 3 hours
- Remove dough from fridge and allow 15-20 minutes for it to warm slightly
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet approx. 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack
- For an extra sparkle and a little added sweetness, roll the dough in granulated sugar before placing on baking sheet!